Monday, October 17, 2011

Teaching/Tutoring English to Korean students..?

I'm Korean-American and 17 years old. I'm a junior in high school, and during the summer of my junior to senior year, I would like to teach English to South Korean students during the summer. Has anyone done anything like this? I would like to know how this could be done. I have family I could stay with and I have conversational Korean skills. Please help!
Teaching/Tutoring English to Korean students..?
I lived in Seoul for 2 years and taught conversational English to Korean students. It was a lot of fun. In order to teach at a language institute, you need a college degree (of any sort) but there are a lot of people who will pay large amounts of money to receive private tutoring. If you want to spend a summer in Korea tutoring, I'm sure you could cover the cost of your plane ticket and lodging. If you mean that you would like to tutor Korean students in the states, try contacting Korean churches or Korean stores and putting up ads for private tutoring.
Teaching/Tutoring English to Korean students..?
post posters around your school, or colleges that you could tutor korean, with your phone number
post posters around your school, or colleges that you could tutor korean, with your phone number
You may ask friends who have tried teaching Koreans. They may know some Koreans who are in need of tutors. That's what I did. You can have a Korean student through connections.
I know many ex-pats teach a beginning English class at the Lotte/64 Building. Not much pay, but very easy work. Also the Seoul Foreign School and British School Seoul may have some summer jobs about. Good luck.
Send an email to Parkyh@yahoo.kr.com and ask him to have his wife, who is canadian to email you. She teaches english to Korean kids in Kunsan.

  • cross dresser boy friend
  • howtomovethingswithyourmind
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment